Animal Care Associate
Req ID #: 216136
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
What you’ll do
As an Animal Care Associate for our Breed Department in Raleigh, NC, you will be responsible for the well-being of our research animals. Your contribution will ensure the health of our animals, as well as impact the lives of patients across the world.
In this role, key responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining the quality and health of our animals, including providing their food and water and ensuring their environment is clean.
- Receiving, inspecting, and putting away incoming animals.
- Performing health observations, administering medications, taking blood samples, and giving injections while respecting protocols.
The training and development offered to our entry level Animal Care Associate’s is best-in-class and designed to help you succeed. This is an entry-level position that will allow you to gain experience and begin your career in life sciences.
If you possess the following qualities, we will train you in the rest:
- Ability to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
Role Specific Information:
- Location: Raleigh, NC
- Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 / hour
- Sign-on Bonus: Up to $1500
The pay range for this position is $16.00- $18.00 . Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More