Animal Health Technician
Req ID #: 216275
Montreal (Senneville), Quebec, CAN
What you’ll do
Animal Health Technician– Toxicology
As an Animal Health Technician for our Toxicology team in Senneville (QC), you will be responsible for the well-being of our laboratory animals. Your contribution will ensure the health of our animals, as well as the integrity of our pre-clinical studies.
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Administer test items / medications to animals (Gavage, intramuscular, subcutaneous and intravenous injections);
- Perform sample collection (blood, urine, etc.);
- Collect data (body weight, food consumption, clinical signs, etc.);
- Handle animals for any activities that requires it;
- Clean all types of animal housing and accessories.
What you’ll need
If you possess the following qualifications, we will train you in the rest:
- Good observation skills;
- Being able to work physically (lift up to 20 kg, walk, stand, stoop, etc.);
- Understanding of written English;
- College Diploma in Animal Health or in Environmental and Wildlife management;
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or any related Animal Science discipline.
Please note that upon being hired, you will have to undergo an annual tuberculosis test at the expense of the company.
Role Specific Information:
- Location: 22022 Trans-Canada Highway, Senneville (QC) H9X 1C1
- Pay : $22.50 per hour with primes of :
- Evenings: $2.50;
- Weekend: $2.75;
- Overtime: Time and a half;
- Holidays: Double time;
- Full time regular schedules. Mostly days, weekend rotations and holidays with overtime on evening and night when needed;
- Full time condensed schedules. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for a total of 30 hours, but paid 37.5 hours.
- Transportation: We offer a free shuttle service from the Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue train station and John Abbott College to the Senneville site. If you come by car, we also have free parking.
Why Charles River ?
- Competitive health and dental benefits as of day 1. We pay up to 85% of premiums.
- Free gym on site;
- A cafeteria on site if you don't like to prepare lunches;
- Guaranteed hours, because the research field is in high demand;
- Employee and family telemedicine program;
- 3 weeks’ Vacation & 5 Personal days;
- Many social activities!
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- TFSA and RRSP Contribution Match
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Sick/Personal day policy
Value Added Programs
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Free telemedicine app for employees and their family
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More