Intern- Facilities Engineering
Req ID #: 216656
Mattawan, Michigan, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking an Intern- Facilities Engineering for our Facilities department at out Mattawan, MI location.
The Facilities Engineering Internship is an opportunity for an individual to gain understanding of facilities management with hands-on experience in the field. This individual in this position will assist with projects to improve processes and flows of Charles River Laboratories facilities procedures and equipment. This internship provides an opportunity to contribute to Charles River Laboratories mission by completing tasks that keep workspaces safe, clean, and have systems in place that provide team members with an environment where they can thrive.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in identifying and assessing Charles River Laboratories' equipment, utility, and building risks and needs.
- Work with Facilities team and Reliability engineering to gather data on assets and buildings within the Mattawan campus.
- Identify areas that are opportunities for cost savings.
- Work on special projects related to process improvement and improve asset management including reliability driven initiatives.
- Support the Facilities team in initiatives to increase the safety, security, and space of Charles River Laboratories facilities.
The pay range for this position is $15/hr. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited Engineering program. Preferably focusing on Mechanical engineering (HVAC/Electrical) preferably a 3-4th year student or equivalent.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More