Lab Assistant I
Req ID #: 216699
Ashland, Ohio, USA
What you’ll do
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor functions and maintain the Radiation Safety Program with the Radiation Safety Officer.
- Weekly urine assays
- System Administrator duties for the Liquid Scintillation Counter
- System Administrator duties for the Gamma Counter
- Monthly duties on the Liquid Scintillation Counter
- Monthly duties on the Gamma Counter
- Sample Management
- Monthly lab surveys
- Analyze monthly wipes
- Additional cleaning of equipment used with radioactive materials
- Badge monitoring
- Annual refresher radiation training
- Wash and dry glassware and distribute to appropriate locations within the laboratory. Keep glass-washing area clean and organized. May sterilize glassware and other items using an autoclave.
- Label tubes, devices and containers and perform laboratory set-up/clean-up.
- Assist technical personnel with clerical duties (e.g., filing, making copies, etc.).
- Monitor inventory and stock assigned areas.
- May record observations and measurements for basic lab/research tasks.
- Operate basic lab equipment and perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Perform limited troubleshooting and calibration of instruments as appropriate for assigned area.
- May be responsible for preparing simple lab solutions (e.g., buffers, media/common vehicles).
- May generate reports, data, and forms.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The pay range for this position is $18.00 per hr Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Experience: None.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be detail-oriented and have general familiarity with lab procedures. Good verbal communication skills required. Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or supplies.
- Must be able to perform procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Must be able to frequently hold and manipulate work materials while utilizing fine motor skills.
- Works in a research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles, working at noise levels ranging from moderate to loud.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to live animals with risk of exposure to allergens, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More