Materials Handler - Archives
Req ID #: 217232
Horsham, Pennsylvania, USA
What you’ll do
Responsible for assembling, placement and retrieval of archived material in a secure and controlled access archive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conform to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLP).
- Place and retrieve archived material in a secure and controlled access archives.
- Organize, file and retrieve study and ancillary facility records.
- Evaluate and procure archive supplies.
- Verify and inventory wet tissues, blocks, tissue slides and blood slides.
- Check-in/check-out materials from the archives.
- Assemble study materials as specified in the SOP for archiving; paginate and bind scientific data for archival storage.
- Contact clients for disposition (renewal), as assigned.
- Prepare archived materials for shipment, as assigned.
- Perform and coordinate transfer of materials, as assigned.
- Perform and coordinate destruction of materials, as assigned.
- Computer entry of study records into the archive database.
What you’ll need
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: 1-2 years of warehouse experience strongly preferred
- Licensure: None.
- Other: Basic computer skills with departmental databases (Access, Approach), word processing (Word), and spreadsheet programs (Excel). Must be organized, have attention to detail and possess good problem-solving skills.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More