Central Service Technician I
Req ID #: 217514
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking an experienced Central Service Technician I for our Insourcing Solutions site located in Cambridge, MA.
The Central Services Technician is responsible for the overall sanitation of cages and related equipment, including cage wash rooms, feed and bedding rooms, hallways, loading docks and other specific areas. Responsible for receiving feed, bedding and other supplies.
- Performs cage and other related equipment sanitation
- Operates washers and ensures that cage washing and related equipment are in proper working order
- Performs daily start-up and shut down procedures of the cage washer
- Operates autoclave to sterilize or decontaminate caging equipment and other related equipment
- Transports caging and equipment between animal areas and cage wash rooms and vice versa
- Performs sanitation of cage wash rooms and other ancillary areas, such as hallways, feed, bedding and storage areas
- Organizes and manages documentation
- Receives and stores animal feed, bedding and supplies; records and files the appropriate information
- Sanitize empty animal room(s) and labs
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Experience: Minimum of six months experience working in a laboratory animal facility performing cage wash duties or working with glassware cleaning or a commercial dishwashing operation.
- Skills and Abilities: Employees must be able to lift, move, and/or hold up to 50 pounds independently; this includes equipment and animals.
- The pay range for this position is $20.00 - 21.00 per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More