Technician I, Technical Operations
Req ID #: 217577
Ashland, Ohio, USA
What you’ll do
Pay 19.00 per hour
A Technician I is in training to perform and become proficient in on-boarding skills, procedures, and cooperating in a team environment. The technician is learning basic skills required to support a study, which may include animal handling, husbandry, observations, basic physiological indices, and data
collection/recording to support each skill. The technician may occasionally perform basic skills independently but continues working under supervision to gain proficiency on skills still in development.
What you’ll need
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure good welfare and humane care for all animals worked with through gentle, positive human animal interactions.
- Train in on-boarding skills which may include animal handling, husbandry, observations, basic physiological indices, and data collection/recording to support each skill. Specific tasks will be based on each area's training plan and business needs.
- Collect, document, review, and verify data on forms, or in electronic data capture systems.
- Ensure high levels of study quality to meet study goals.
- Follow all PPE, safety, cleaning, and cross-contamination elimination practices.
- Maintain appropriate communication with other personnel.
- Support team-mates, technicians, and members of other departments.
- Follow direction from team leaders, trainers, research associates and supervisors.
- Use and maintain instrumentation and equipment according to SOPs.
- Perform all tasks per SOP, BOP, and/or protocols.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Experience: No previous experience required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve goals.
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), commensurate with essential functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained by observing all safety procedures and working methods by making proper use of protective clothing and equipment, and by reading, understanding, and following all safety documents issued or notified of.
- Ability to ensure the integrity of the studies and fulfill the regulatory agencies requirements by performing the activities according to the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More