Warehouse Associate I 1
Req ID #: 217710
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Warehouse Associate I for our Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility located Memphis, TN.
The Warehouse Associate I is responsible for performing all activities related to receipt, storage and movement of raw materials in a biotechnology environment.
The following are responsibilities related to the Warehouse Associate I position:
- Work between company locations driving company truck for deliveries and assist in processing Material Request.
- Load and unload truck accurately and safely for warehouse deliveries, as well as securing loads before properly closing vehicle.
- Adherence to all DOT regulations and requirements including keeping a DOT compliant log book.
- Maintain accurate documentation on all departmental log sheets including inventory, lot number, cleaning logs, etc.
- Support receipt of raw materials and client specific materials into inventory and staging the materials in proper storage conditions (room temperature, 2-8C, -20C, -80C) as indicated on the Material Specification.
- Update Supply Chain Database.
- Ensure all materials are properly labeled, segregated, stored, and within expiry dates.
- Follow all established safety guidelines for dealing with hazardous materials.
- Perform inventory cycle counts.
- Always maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Comply with all departmental and company-wide SOP's.
- Complete and maintain current status with all required training.
- Perform inventory related tasks assigned by Inventory Manager.
What you’ll need
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Warehouse Associate I position:
- High School Diploma or GED required. (Associate Degree or higher education preferred.)
- 1-3 years truck delivery experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver license.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated manufacturing or distribution environment preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly refocus and priorities change in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with other departments and management.
- Ability to stand / walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends or holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift 40lbs. without assistance while following proper safety lifting techniques.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More