What you’ll do
*** Temporary to Permanent Position ***
2nd Shift Available With Shift Differential
Hours: M-F 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Animal Research Technician
Take your first step towards a new career.
As an Animal Research Technician you will be responsible for the care of all species of animals at our state of the art safety sites, responsibilities include, feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and other related tasks including assisting with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies.
If you possess the following qualities, we will train you in the rest:
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Research Technician position.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Ability to work in close proximity to rodents and rabbits that may result in sensitization to allergens or exacerbate preexisting allergies.
- Ability to lift/move up to 30 pounds regularly and up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per day on cement floors.
- Ability to spend significant amount of time bending and/or on your knees.
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to include properly fitted respirator.
- Ability to wear a respirator for certain tasks for prolonged amounts of time and at times in hot environments (with A/C).
“The pay range for this position is $19.00/hr. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.”
With plenty of room for growth, you can enjoy a long and meaningful career. In addition to a positive work environment. Take your first step, patients are waiting.
What you’ll need
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More