What you’ll do
We are seeking a Animal Care Specialist I for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
As an Animal Care Specialist you will be responsible for the care of animals at our Discovery site, having responsibilities that include, feeding/watering, sanitizing enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and other related tasks including assisting with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies.
If you possess the following qualities, we will train you in the rest:
- You have a great sense of team spirit and responsibility.
- You have a positive attitude and love to bring that energy into the lab every day to support your colleagues.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team setting
- You concentrate on the details and can work reliably and precisely
- You are dependable
What you’ll need
- Ability to communicate and follow direction
- Local to the area (no relocation assistance provided for this position)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
This full-time temporary position is Tuesday through Saturday hours.
With plenty of room for growth, you can enjoy a long and meaningful career. In addition to a positive work environment. Take your first step, patients are waiting.
The pay range for this position is $18.50-$19.00. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More