Research Technician I
Req ID #: 216393
Horsham, Pennsylvania, USA
What you’ll do
Full Time - Day Shift Position (40 hours/week)
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, monitoring food consumption and body weights, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Collect and record research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs), study protocols and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform basic in-life technical procedures upon completion and sign-off of specific skill training. (e.g., clipping, handling, chipping, binding, removals, body weight,).
- Assist in cohabitation smears of all species.
- Perform computer input under supervision.
- Read basic study protocols and extract pertinent information.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Retrieve and view Standard Operating Procedures using appropriate database.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- Handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of laboratory animals at the site.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas (e.g: laboratory area, primary enclosures, animal exam areas).
- Receive animals (e.g., general health observation, sexing and identification) of all species.Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The pay range for this position is $21.00/hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location
What you’ll need
- Education: High school diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.).
- Experience: 0-6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or animals.
- Must be able to perform procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Must be able to frequently firmly hold species while utilizing fine motor skills.
- Works in a research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles, working at noise levels ranging from moderate to loud.
- The employee regularly works with live animals with risk of exposure to allergens, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
• This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or after hours shift coverage, as needed.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More