Research Assistant I - Analytical Chemistry
Req ID #: 217073
Horsham, Pennsylvania, USA
What you’ll do
Generate and record data with minimal supervision in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and processing samples, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. Perform laboratory tasks by various basic methods.
What you’ll need
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic laboratory procedures and collect and record/document research data in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and company policies/practices.
• Under supervision may act as lead/primary technician on basic studies.
Preparing chemical dilutions, chemical standards, running and operating HPLC and UHPLC instrument, and data analysis
- Input, print and edit computer entries (e.g., laboratory data).
- Prepare materials and data for shipment and archiving.
- Receive samples and complete tracking documentation.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Perform study preparation activities including collection tube labeling and room setup.
- Maintain clean work areas.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S) or equivalent in laboratory science or related discipline required.
- Experience: Zero to two years related experience in biology, chemistry/pharmacy, or similar lab environment GLP experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
The pay range for this position is between $20 and $23/hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More