Animal Care Technician
Req ID #: 217147
Fleurimont, Quebec, CAN
What you’ll do
Animal Care Technician – On site training – No experience necessary
As an Animal Care Technician for our Toxicology team in Sherbrooke, you will be responsible of ensuring the welfare of the animals and the integrity of our pre-clinical studies.
In this role, key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the cleanliness of the living environment of the animals according to the highest standards of welfare in the industry.
- Assist the technicians in their daily tasks .
- Handle animals.
- Participate in the physical/social activities of the animals.
What you’ll need
If you possess the following qualifications, we will train you in the rest:
- Able to follow precises instructions.
- Being able to work physically (lift up to 20 kg, walk, stand, stoop, etc.).
- Understanding of written English.
- Passionate about animals.
- Having an AEP in Animal Care is an asset.
Please note that upon being hired, you will have to undergo an annual tuberculosis test at the expense of the company.
Job specific information:
- Location: easily accessible using Sherbrooke’s public transit system. Free parking. Electric vehicle charging station.
- Salary: Starting at 18.00$/hrs. Opportunity to start at higher level and higher salary with specific research experience. Based on performance, salary could increase to $20/hrs in 1 year.
- Schedule: Full time, permanent position (37.5 hours/week), depending on the needs, you may have to do overtime. Weekend work (rotation) and bonus ($2.75/hour).
Why Charles River?
- 3 weeks’ vacation & Personal days.
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage).
- Access to a savings and retirement program that includes an employer contribution.
- Excellent welcome program for new employees as well as in-house advancement and career development opportunities.
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine).
- Free gym on site.
If you want to contribute to the wellbeing of our communities across the country and around the world, join our team. IT’S YOUR MOMENT!
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- TFSA and RRSP Contribution Match
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Sick/Personal day policy
Value Added Programs
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Free telemedicine app for employees and their family
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More