Cage Washer I
Req ID #: 217253
Durham, North Carolina, USA
What you’ll do
Cage Washer I - Durham, NC
Take your first step towards a new career -
As a Cage Washer I you will be responsible for basic preventative maintenance and upkeep of Washroom and processing equipment in assigned areas. Perform cage wash area start up and shut down procedures. Assist in maintaining inventory of cage wash, animal care and laboratory supplies for assigned area.
If you possess the following qualities, we will train you in the rest:
You have a great sense of team spirit and responsibility.
You have a positive attitude and love to bring that energy into the lab every day to support your colleagues.
You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment both independently and in a team setting
You concentrate on the details and can work reliably and precisely
You are dependable
With plenty of room for growth, you can enjoy a long and meaningful career.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly wears protective clothing (goggles, face mask, ear plugs, gloves, scrubs, and boots) and has regular work with caustic chemicals.
- Able to lift or otherwise move 50 lbs.
- Regularly exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- Regularly exposed to warm temperature work environment.
- Regularly works with moving mechanical parts.
- Regularly exposed to rodent dander.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate
What you’ll need
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Experience: Previous mechanical/maintenance experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
The pay range for this position is $15.50-$16.50. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More