Preprocessing Support Technician - PCR, MDX
Req ID #: 217544
Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Summer PCR Preprocessing Support Technician work with our Molecular Diagnostics Group at our Wilmington location.
*This is a seasonal opportunity only*
The Lab Technician will be responsible for performing tasks in support of the PCR testing laboratory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support laboratory operations, specifically:
- Supply stocking
- Assist with Laboratory Sample receipt. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Retrieve samples from Central Receipt
- Reconcile customer paperwork with submission form to ensure accuracy
- Test batch creation
- Sample review
- Use and maintain department equipment with assistance from senior staff.
- Make detailed observations and maintain documentation of all laboratory work.
- Ability to work in a structured and regulated environment.
- Work productively in group situations as well as independently.
- Assist in reporting departmental exceptions to the manager or designee as instructed.
- Share responsibility for departmental housekeeping and adherence to established safety procedures.
- Responsible for proficiency in all related department SOP’s, with general knowledge of the laboratory processes.
- Maintain skills in using computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and others as the need arises.
- Adhere to all departmental SOPs, policies, safety procedures and protocols.
- Remain organized in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Degree).
- Currently enrolled in a Science based program preferred, not required.
- Basic lab skills preferred.
- Strong organization and prioritization skill.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a small group or one-on-one setting.
- Proficient in computers: (ie: MS Office Suite).
The hourly pay rate for this position is $17.00. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More