What you’ll do
We are seeking a Research Technician for our Second Shift Operations at our Safety Assessment site located Mattawan, MI.
Starting rate at 20hr and fulltime benefits after the 1st of the month following your hire!
A Research Technician is responsible for: administering substances to animals, performing husbandry duties, including cleaning/transporting caging and providing food and water; performing clinical observations of animals to determine morbidity/mortality; collecting and handling data and specimens; euthanizing animals and assisting veterinarians, management, and other company personnel with animal care, study-related tasks, and process improvement initiatives.
What you’ll need
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technician position:
- Minimum: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Zero - 6 months
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints
- Can walk up to 10 miles a day on cement floors in the regular course of their day
- Be required to constantly push animal caging that weights around 800 lbs
- Be on their knees for many hours dosing animals
- Regularly lifting animals in and out of caging that is either on the floor or above their head
- Work in PPE that is hot and when they do physical work wearing a respirator it is hard.
- Work in rooms with rodents and rabbits that often result in sensitization to allergens especially if they come to us with preexisting allergies.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More