What you’ll do
We are looking for an Animal Care Technician II to join our Insourcing Solutions team located in Bethesda, MD.
Why work at Charles River?
We adhere to strong values, share the same mission, that together, we create healthier lives. Our culture is one of endless opportunity, purpose and creating change. We are committed to empowering our employees with the tools and programs they need to develop rewarding careers. We offer competitive benefits and excellent training programs for all our employees.
What you’ll need
The responsibilities of the Animal Care Technician II are to maintain, monitor, and document the health, breeding colony production, technical support, and physical environment within the animal facility. Your role will be to maintain the quality and health of the research animals.
You will perform the following duties:
- Perform Animal Health assessments and send notifications to clinical veterinarians and investigative lab staff.
- Animal health observations across multiple species; perform basic animal husbandry.
- Perform breeder set-ups, vaginal plug checks and weaning.
- Perform blood collection via various routes for technical service requests.
- Perform ear tag/ID placement; sample/tissue collection for genotyping and other technical service request and facility sentinel program.
- Administer topical, injectable, and oral treatments.
- Maintain and update all related records, logs, forms, cage cards, etc.
- Applying quality assurance/quality control standards to ensure Statement of Work expectations are fulfilled.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More