What you’ll do
We are looking for an Animal Care Technician I/Cagewash Attendant I to join our Insourcing Solutions team located in Bethesda, MD.
Why work at Charles River?
We adhere to strong values, share the same mission, that together, we create healthier lives. Our culture is one of endless opportunity, purpose and creating change. We are committed to empowering our employees with the tools and programs they need to develop rewarding careers. We offer competitive benefits and excellent training programs for all our employees.
What you’ll need
In the Animal Care Technician I/Cagewash Attendant I role, you will work with our research animals to ensure they are well cared for, including:
- Follow SOPs and quality assurance standards.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on cagewash and autoclaves.
- Sanitize, maintain, and repair animal cagewash materials.
- Ensure cagewash and animal holding facilities are kept clean and organized.
- Other tasks may include assist with receipt, stocking, and maintenance of inventory supplies.
- Cross train on the Animal Care Technician I role where you will perform health observations on the animals during daily health and welfare checks.
- Perform basic animal husbandry duties to include providing food/water, water bottle and cage checks; cage cleaning and/or cage changes, as well as recording daily health checks and health concerns.
- Assist with restraint and handling of animals for injections.
- Receive, inspect, and house incoming animals; may be involved in breeding and weaning procedures.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More