Animal Care Technician I
Req ID #: 216391
Horsham, Pennsylvania, USA
Ce que vous ferez
Full Time - 40 Hours/Week
$1000 SIGN ON BONUS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Change room filters and clean behind vents.
- Clean laboratory animal rooms and laboratory animal housing according to a schedule devised by senior personnel. Includes floor sweeping and mopping, changing of cage pans, removal of animal waste, changing and washing of water bottles and feeders, sanitizing carts, rooms and ancillary equipment.
- Feed and water laboratory animals and monitor feed and water consumption of animals.
- Assist in handling, weighing, and receipt of animals.
- Monitor and record chlorine levels, air flow, and water pressure.
- Observe laboratory animals and report unusual appearance or behavior to a Laboratory supervisor, a staff veterinarian and/or Animal Care Supervisor.
- Receive, store, and distribute supplies. Report low inventory to supervisor.
- Record study required data in appropriate form.
- Record husbandry data in electronic database(s).
- Review protocols to ensure proper husbandry and environmental parameters.
- Use GLPs, SOPs, study protocols, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- May assist in basic laboratory functions, if necessary (dosage, blood collection, etc.).
The pay range for this position is $18.00/hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location
Ce dont vous aurez besoin
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent strongly preferred.
- Experience: Animal handling in a veterinary or commercial or industry establishment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: ALAT, LAT, or LATG preferred.
- Other: Must be able to perform accurate data record keeping in compliance with GLP guidelines. Must be able to meet core competencies of an Animal Care Technician 2.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, talk, hear, write and type at a computer.
- Must regularly be able to use close vision and have the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over a distance of approximately 1-75 feet.
- Must be able to regularly stoop, kneel, stand or reach up with hands and arms to manipulate objects on shelves from one and one-half to six and one-half feet above the floor on a repetitive basis each day.
- Must be able to regularly stoop, kneel, stand, or reach up with hands and arms to perform repetitive tasks such as filling water bottles, placing stoppers in water bottles and removing soiled liners from cages.
- Must be able to regularly clean animal rooms, including mopping of floors on a repetitive basis each day.
- Must be able to regularly push wheeled carts weighing up to 1200 pounds on a repetitive basis each day over distances of approximately 1- 100 feet.
- Duties require standing for an average of eight hours a day.
Ce que vous obtenez
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
À propos de Charles River
Charles River est une organisation internationale de recherche de phase initiale sous contrat (ORC). Ici, nous sommes passionnés par notre rôle dans l'amélioration de la qualité de vie des gens. Avec 100 sites au travers le monde, nous sommes positionnés stratégiquement pour coordonner des ressources mondiales et appliquer des perspectives pluridisciplinaires à l'élaboration de solutions aux défis uniques de nos clients. Notre base de clientèle comprend des sociétés de biotechnologies et des laboratoires pharmaceutiques internationaux, des agences publiques, et des établissements hospitaliers, d'enseignement et de recherche partout dans le monde.En savoir plus