Animal Care Technician I
Req ID #: 217271
Spencerville, Ohio, USA
Ce que vous ferez
A Technician I is in training to perform and become proficient in on-boarding tasks, procedures, and cooperating in a team environment. The technician is learning basic tasks required to support a study may include performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies. The technician is working under close supervision to gain proficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure good welfare and humane care for all animals worked with through gentle, positive human-animal interactions.
- Train in on-boarding tasks which may include animal handling, sexing, restraint on multiple species as well as feeding, watering, and husbandry of multiple species. Specific tasks will be based on each area’s training plan and business needs.
- Collect, document, review, and verify data on forms, or in electronic data capture systems.
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- Use and maintain instrumentation and equipment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The rate of pay for this position is $17/hour.
Ce dont vous aurez besoin
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Experience: No previous experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None, unless required by local government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve goals.
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), commensurate with essential functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained by observing all safety procedures and working methods by making proper use of protective clothing and equipment, and by reading, understanding, and following all safety documents issued or notified of.
- Ability to ensure the integrity of the studies and fulfill the regulatory agencies requirements by performing the activities according to the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Business Operating Procedures (BOP) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) rules.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or animals.
- Must be able to perform procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Must be able to frequently firmly hold species while utilizing fine motor skills.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work in a research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles, working at noise levels ranging from moderate to loud.
- The employee regularly works with live animals with risk of exposure to allergens, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high depending upon the species housed.
- This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or after hours shift coverage, as needed
Ce que vous obtenez
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
À propos de Charles River
Charles River est une organisation internationale de recherche de phase initiale sous contrat (ORC). Ici, nous sommes passionnés par notre rôle dans l'amélioration de la qualité de vie des gens. Avec 100 sites au travers le monde, nous sommes positionnés stratégiquement pour coordonner des ressources mondiales et appliquer des perspectives pluridisciplinaires à l'élaboration de solutions aux défis uniques de nos clients. Notre base de clientèle comprend des sociétés de biotechnologies et des laboratoires pharmaceutiques internationaux, des agences publiques, et des établissements hospitaliers, d'enseignement et de recherche partout dans le monde.En savoir plus