Technician I, Necropsy
Req ID #: 217615
Ashland, Ohio, USA
Ce que vous ferez
Job Title: Necropsy Technician I
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development, and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Necropsy Technician I for our Safety Assessment Site located in Ashland, OH.
$1000.00 SIGN ON BONUS! $19 per hour. 4-10hr shifts. 3 day weekend!
The following are minimum requirements related to the Necropsy Technician I position:
- Perform basic necropsy support procedures (documentation, solution preparation, labeling, sample container preparation, cassette labeling, and tissue bagging, etc.)
- Perform tissue weights using validated computer data collection systems.
- Assist in data recording.
- Ensure the laboratory is clean and orderly.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), Health & Safety standards and department policies/procedures in the performance of all duties.
- Receive, label and store laboratory supplies
- Assist in ordering supplies.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
Ce dont vous aurez besoin
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Experience: No previous experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None, unless required by local government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve goals.
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), commensurate with essential functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained by observing all safety procedures and working methods by making proper use of protective clothing and equipment, and by reading, understanding, and following all safety documents issued or notified of.
Procedures (SOP), Business Operating Procedures (BOP) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) rules.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Employees must be able to lift, move, manipulate, and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or animals.
- Must be able to perform laboratory procedures, which require, talking, hearing, standing, or sitting for long periods of time, entering data into a computer, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
Ce que vous obtenez
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
À propos de Charles River
Charles River est une organisation internationale de recherche de phase initiale sous contrat (ORC). Ici, nous sommes passionnés par notre rôle dans l'amélioration de la qualité de vie des gens. Avec 100 sites au travers le monde, nous sommes positionnés stratégiquement pour coordonner des ressources mondiales et appliquer des perspectives pluridisciplinaires à l'élaboration de solutions aux défis uniques de nos clients. Notre base de clientèle comprend des sociétés de biotechnologies et des laboratoires pharmaceutiques internationaux, des agences publiques, et des établissements hospitaliers, d'enseignement et de recherche partout dans le monde.En savoir plus