Ce que vous ferez
We are seeking a temporary full-time Cage Wash Technician for our Cage Wash Team at our Safety Assessment site located in Spencerville, OH.
A Cage Washer I is responsible for performing basic preventative maintenance and upkeep of processing equipment in assigned areas. Also responsible for assisting in maintaining inventory of cage wash, animal care, and laboratory supplies for assigned area.
Essential Functions (The fundamental Competencies/Skills & Responsibilities of the role (products and services provided/results accomplished) include, but are not limited to, those listed:
Ensure good welfare and humane care for all animals worked with through gentle, positive human-animal interactions.
Operate pressure washer and industrial cage washers.
Clean and maintain all cages, automatic water lines, and other related equipment.
Assist with inventory of cage wash and laboratory supplies for assigned area.
Perform and document in the appropriate log the function(s) performed.
Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
Perform basic preventative maintenance and upkeep of processing equipment in assigned areas.
Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The pay for this position is $15/hr. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
Ce dont vous aurez besoin
Qualifications (Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to accomplish the essential
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Experience: Previous high pressure washer experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None, unless required by local government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve goals.
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), commensurate with essential functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained by observing all safety procedures and working methods by making proper use of protective clothing and equipment, and by reading, understanding, and following all safety documents issued or notified of.
- Ability to ensure the integrity of the studies and fulfill the regulatory agencies requirements by performing the activities according to the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Business Operating Procedures (BOP) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) rules.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to control the pressure washer and to move laboratory cages.
- Frequent reaching, bending, pulling, and crouching is required in the sanitization of cages that weigh approximately 400 pounds (on casters).
- Stands for up to 90% of the workday.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly wears protective clothing (goggles, face mask, ear plugs, gloves, scrubs, and boots) and has regular work with caustic chemicals.
- Regularly exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- Occasionally works outside in weather conditions.
- Regularly works with moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- This position requires overtime, weekend, holiday, and/or after hours shift coverage, as needed.
Ce que vous obtenez
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
À propos de Charles River
Charles River est une organisation internationale de recherche de phase initiale sous contrat (ORC). Ici, nous sommes passionnés par notre rôle dans l'amélioration de la qualité de vie des gens. Avec 100 sites au travers le monde, nous sommes positionnés stratégiquement pour coordonner des ressources mondiales et appliquer des perspectives pluridisciplinaires à l'élaboration de solutions aux défis uniques de nos clients. Notre base de clientèle comprend des sociétés de biotechnologies et des laboratoires pharmaceutiques internationaux, des agences publiques, et des établissements hospitaliers, d'enseignement et de recherche partout dans le monde.En savoir plus