Animal Care Technician II
Req ID #: 209160
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking an Animal Care Technician 2 for our Insourcing Solutions Department located in Boston, MA.
We offer an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team and support a research community in their research endeavors!! Position includes a $1,000 sign on bonus.
Observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the client’s animal facility. Perform animal care and husbandry, including receiving, cage wash duties and sanitation.
The following are responsibilities relate to the Animal Care Technician 2:
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SLP and/or specified protocols.
- Perform daily cage wash duties and sanitation. Follows sanitization schedules within vivarium.
- Provide basic start up and shut down procedures on equipment (cage washer, autoclave, water production)
- Perform quality assurance measures (temperature temps, watering testing, BIs, RODAC and/or ATP monitoring) and maintain such records.
- Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing including for any support areas.
- May be involved in maintaining and following breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels. Able to manage a small breeding colony.
What you’ll need
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Animal Care Technician 2 position:
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in animal or life sciences field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of four years directly related laboratory animal experience in a laboratory animal facility
- Certification/Licensure: Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician (ALAT) certification from AALAS preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and certifications may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Knowledge of hygienic principles and basic animal husbandry. knowledge of behavior and appearances of laboratory animals is sufficient to notice deviations from normal.
The pay range for this position is $20-26 per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More