Associate Surgeon (Small Animal)
Req ID #: 213846
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking an Associate Surgeon at our Research Models and Services location in Raleigh, NC.
The Associate Surgeon will perform basic surgical procedures, related animal care and administrative duties in fulfillment of customer orders.
Sign-On Bonus up to $3500! (Current CRL employees not eligible)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform basic surgical procedures as assigned.
- Perform health monitoring and genetic monitoring sample collection.
- Provide pre- and post- operative animal care.
- Perform all duties following prescribed safety procedures.
- Maintain workstation and equipment in clean, healthful and safe environment.
- Complete paperwork as required.
- Pack and ship surgical orders.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- One to two years related experience in small animal surgery.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Proficient in using computers (ie. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
The pay range for this position is $20.00- $22.00. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More