Research Technician I
Req ID #: 214105
Spencerville, Ohio, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking an experienced Research Technician Assistant for our Toxicology Team located in Spencerville, OH.
Do you have experience working with animals? 4H? FFA? Vet Assistant? Farm/AG? Or a medical background working in hospitals/STNA/EMT? This could be a great fit for you.
A Research Technician Assistant is responsible for: collecting and recording data in the performance of studies. Responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting.
Hourly Rates $18-$19/hr. $1000 Sign on Bonus. 3 weeks vacation and additional sick time.
- Walk up to 5 miles per day on cement floors
- Push caging that could weigh up to 800 lbs.
- Spend a significant amount of time bending and/or on your knees
- Lift up to 50 lbs., possible over the head; frequently 20-30lb
- Wear a respirator in a warm environment (must be clean shaven to properly wear a respirator)
What you’ll need
- Education: High School diploma or General Equivalent Degree (G.E.D.) Associates or BA/BS in a life science field preferred.
- Experience: 0-6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More