Animal Care Technician I
Req ID #: 214119
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
What you’ll do
This is an amazing opportunity; don't you want to know more? This could be just the perfect fit for you, but you won't know if you don't apply, we welcome the opportunity to talk to you!
We are seeking an Animal Care Technician for Insourcing Solutions in Cambridge, MA.
The essential duties of the Animal Care Technician 1 are:
- Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed for rodents.
- Supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the vivarium
- Clean and provide animal housing and associated materials/equipment within assigned animal rooms
- Observe and report status of animal health, food and water consumption, appearance, behavior; and provide support in animal health monitoring
- Observe and record vivarium environmental conditions
- Perform sanitation duties within assigned animal rooms and vivarium areas
- Maintain and perform housekeeping of facility support areas
- Serve as primary cage wash technicians
- Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance
- May receive animal deliveries as required
- May provide training support for new Charles River employees in the duties and responsibilities of animal care and facility operations
- May facilitate AALAS learning and development opportunities for CRL employees
- Adhere to Charles River and client departmental safety policies and departmental SOPs and guidelines while demonstrating competency in facility safety protocols
- Establish and maintain appropriate and quality communication, teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation
What you’ll need
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Technician position.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 6-12 months related husbandry experience in a laboratory animal facility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements as listed above.
The pay range for this position is $20-21 per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More