Intern - Necropsy
Req ID #: 214732
Ashland, Ohio, USA
What you’ll do
Internship at Charles River Laboratories
Pay for this role is 16.00
Charles River is committed to providing its people an environment that fosters learning and offers opportunities to have a fulfilling career built on strengths, supported by our learning and development framework. CRL DNA, the core set of behaviors that will enable us to live our values of Care, Lead, Own, and Collaborate and fuel the success of our business. These behaviors are shared across all roles and functions and will help support our learning and development journey at Charles River.
General Intern Responsibilities:
- Learns and understands the overall concept of the company, including the brand, customers, product goals, and all other aspects of service.
- Rotates through our divisions of responsibility and provides ideas to grow and improve the business.
- Accepts designated, business-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present final project during the internship.
- Engages with internal customers or clients in a positive supportive manner.
- May provide suggestions to management for improving internal processes.
- Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure good welfare and humane care for all animals worked with through gentle, positive human-animal interactions
- Train in on-boarding skills which may include animal handling, euthanasia, and sedation; animal procedures including dissection; collection of samples and weights; laboratory preparation, set up and cleaning; preparation of laboratory solutions. Specific skills will be based on each area’s training plan and business needs
Specific intern duties are to be determined based on student placement within the business. Each student will be matched to a department based on the student’s interests and background.
Works in a research environment, which requires use of sharp objects, working around mechanical parts, working with or near known or unknown toxic or caustic chemicals and/or biological hazards, exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
The employee regularly works with live animals with risk of exposure to dander, allergens, zoonotic disease, and biohazards.
The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high depending upon the species housed.
What you’ll need
Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal communication
- Customer focus
- Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- In 3rd or 4th year of college graduate program
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More