Custodial Associate-Floor Technician- 3rd shift
Req ID #: 214911
Mattawan, Michigan, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Custodial Specialist- Floor Technician in our Facilities department at our Mattawan, MI location.
This is a 3rd shift position. Hours: Sunday- Thursday 10 PM- 6:30 AM
A Custodial Specialist - Floor Technician is responsible for: daily care of the various facility floors, including, but not limited to, stripping and finishing of wax, deep carpet extraction and bonneting, deep scrubbing, routine daily machine scrubbing of lab floors; developing working relationships with customers and teammates; performing routine cleaning duties and maintenance work; cleaning of physical environment and providing waste removal; performing outside maintenance, as needed; operation, maintenance, and cleaning of equipment/machines used to sanitize environments; following verbal or written instructions; working under minimal supervision with use of independent judgement; demonstrating basic skills with a high level of proficiency; mentoring lesser experienced staff; and displaying a firm grasp of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) data processes associated to the custodial role and the ability to fill in for supervisory staff during their absence.
- Provide daily care of the various facility floors, including, but not limited to, stripping and finishing of wax, deep carpet extraction and bonneting, deep scrubbing, routine daily machine scrubbing of lab floor.
- Perform daily custodial care of: restrooms, offices, conference/resources spaces, and other physical environments.
- Provide removal services for the following waste streams: general waste, recycling, confidential, and biowaste.
- Operate and maintain all custodial equipment utilized in daily functions.
- Provide mentoring to junior staff and may lead staff in the absence of direct supervision.
- Conduct routine performance auditing with supervision to help further group quality.
The pay range for this position is $21/hr with a 15 percent night shift differential. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
- HS/GED/Bachelor's degree with 2 to 5 years of relevant experience; contract research organization experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Displays a firm knowledge of all applicable GLP functions and associated data processes.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More