Customer Service Specialist - Order Entry
Req ID #: 215249
Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking an entry level, Customer Service Specialist at our Wilmington location. This individual will provide dependable, quality customer service, including response to product inquiries, efficient order coordination and processing, and routine problem solving.
**Up to $1,000 sign on bonus** (CRL employees not eligible)
Work Week Schedule: Monday - Friday
Training Schedule: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm - Schedule after Training: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter orders and price quotations for products and services, including changes to existing orders; establish new customer accounts, as well as update existing accounts with data management group; record lost orders; and send order confirmations.
- Fully utilize SalesForce for documentation of all customer communications.
- Respond to basic inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and/or live chat regarding products and services.
- Communicate animal availability, product information, and delivery schedules.
- Resolve basic problems and customer complaints; escalate complex issues.
- Serve as liaison between Inventory Specialist at all Charles River facilities and other support groups to effectively process orders and satisfy customer requests.
- Coordinate with transportation carriers and/or freight forwarders regarding shipments.
- Coordinate information regarding new business, customer issues, or other pertinent customer information to the Sales organization.
- Process routine reports as required.
- May process applicable paperwork for shipment of international orders.
- May be responsible for basic assigned account(s).
- Must be able to come to our Wilmington site during training.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Degree).
- One to two years related experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Must be able to use discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in computers (IE: MS Office Suite).
- Associate’s Degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent in Business or related discipline.
- Customer Service experience.
- Salesforce.com Service Cloud
- Cisco telephone systems.
The hourly pay rate for this position is $21.00. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More