Technician II, Formulations
Req ID #: 215693
Ashland, Ohio, USA
What you’ll do
A Technician II will prepare basic to complex dosing material and samples for vehicles, solutions, suspensions, diets, and dispensations independently with some oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare basic to complex dosing material and samples for solutions, suspensions, diets, and dispensations.
- Efficiently perform and document all procedures, materials, and results in compliance with applicable regulatory standards as applicable (protocols, methods, SOPs, etc.).
- Independently sterilize laboratory equipment using autoclave or other methods.
- Assist in washing and maintenance of glassware and lab cleanliness.
- Assist with the disposal of residual dosing material.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills through informal discussions with peers, supervisor, and team.
- Independently be able to identify equipment issues for troubleshooting and notify proper personnel.
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Be able to provide feedback on laboratory investigations and quality observations.
- Utilize various mixing methods and apparatuses to prepare formulations.
- Prepare aseptic and glovebox formulations with oversight.
- Prepare formulations under observation of Study Directors.
Pay 20.00 per hour USD
What you’ll need
• Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- Must be able to lift, move, manipulate and/or hold heavy objects up to and including 50 pounds; this includes work materials, equipment, and/or supplies.
- Must be able to perform procedures, standing or sitting, for long periods of time, using appropriate instruments, reaching with hands and arms, working in narrow spaces, and wearing safety equipment (PPE) according to OSHA regulations and company standards.
- Must be able to frequently hold and manipulate work materials while utilizing fine motor skills.
- Must be able to regularly provide information to and receive information from/through various technologies, media, sources, and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Move about inside the work area to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More