Animal care Assistant
Req ID #: 216377
Laval, Quebec, CAN
What you’ll do
Animal Care Attendant – No Experience needed
As an Animal Care Attendant for our Toxicology team at the Laval (QC) site, you will be responsible for the well-being of our laboratory animals. Your contribution will ensure the health of our animals, as well as the integrity of our pre-clinical studies
You don't need any previous experience because we have an exceptional training team who will teach you everything!
In this role, primary responsibilities include:
- Cleaning the animal rooms;
- Cleaning the animal cages;
- Handling animals.
What you’ll need
If you possess the following qualifications, we will train you in the rest:
- You like to work physically (lifting loads of 20-25 lbs);
- You are able to follow precises instructions;
- You like animals;
Please note that upon being hired, you will have to undergo an annual tuberculosis test at the expense of the company.
Role Specific Information:
Location: 445 boulevard Armand -Frappier, Laval (QC) H7V 4B3
Pay : $18.00 per hour with primes of :
Overtime: Time and a half;
Holidays: Double time;
Schedule: Full time regular schedules. Mostly days, weekend rotations and holidays with overtime on evening and night when needed;
Transportation: Station Montmorency/ Its have the shuttle service from station Montmorency to the Laval site. If you come by car, we also have free parking.
Career progression: If you are interested in progressing and learning more, we can train you to become an Animal Technician! Of course, that comes with a pay rise.
Why Charles River ?
- Competitive health and dental benefits as of day 1. We pay up to 85% of premiums.
- Free gym on site;
- A cafeteria on site if you don't like to prepare lunches;
- Guaranteed hours, because the research field is in high demand;
- Employee and family telemedicine program;
- 3 weeks’ Vacation & 5 Personal days;
- Many social activities!
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT!
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- TFSA and RRSP Contribution Match
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Sick/Personal day policy
Value Added Programs
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Free telemedicine app for employees and their family
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More