Sample Management Technician I
Req ID #: 216768
Reno, Nevada, USA
What you’ll do
Responsible for managing inventory of biological samples, study reagents, and equipment within the Sample Management group. Shift: Sunday thru Thursday 12pm to 8pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Package biological samples and/or reagents and ensure accurate completion of all required documentation for shipment (i.e.: verify shipping lists against shipping inventory).
- Deliver packages between departments as needed.
- Communicate discrepancies or roadblocks impacting material identity, integrity, or study timelines.
- Perform sample/reagent handling activities (receiving, storage, transfers and verification) using Study protocol or Sponsor guidance documents.
- Log samples/reagents in and out of storage via LIMS system or other determined process (i.e.: manual data collection).
- Manage transfer process of samples/reagents required for analysis and return samples to the appropriate storage condition when analysis is complete.
- Perform data-entry to maintain accurate storage inventory history.
- Perform freezer/refrigerator routine maintenance and all associated documentation.
- File study data and generate material labels.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
The pay for this position is $19.00 USD per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: 0-1 year related experience in a life science laboratory.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Other: Must be detail oriented and have general familiarity with lab procedures. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Basic computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office and Excel software. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet timelines.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More