Shipping & Receiving Clerk
Req ID #: 217048
Mattawan, Michigan, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk for our Supply Chain Management department at our Mattawan, MI location. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for performing routine tasks involved in the shipping and receiving of materials, supplies and equipment.
The fundamental Duties & Responsibilities of the role (products and services provided/results accomplished) include, but are not limited to, those listed:
- Receive inventory; sort, stock, and distribute supplies to areas according to schedule or direction.
- Operate hand or power operated fork truck, pallet jack, high bay lift or other motorized equipment to unload and transport supplies or equipment.
- Perform data entry in receiving materials through the inventory control system.
- Prepare materials for forwarding to gamma irradiation with appropriate documentation (according to GMPs).
- Perform general housekeeping duties and follow all safety procedures. Responsible for proper handling and distribution of chemicals.
- May perform general maintenance duties as needed.
The pay range for this position is $18/hr. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
- HS/GED/Bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of related experience and/or training.
- Licensed to operate a motor vehicle. Must obtain forklift license and HAZMAT certification within 1 year.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More