Animal Care Technician I
Req ID #: 217179
Alameda, California, USA
What you’ll do
Explora Biolabs a Charles River Company is looking for an Animal Care Technician to join our team, located in Alameda, CA.
How will you have an impact?
This is the moment to use your talents and imagine those talents contributing to improving global health and peoples’ lives. In the Animal Care Technician role, you can do that by providing the highest animal welfare standards and care, in addition to maintaining vivarium cleanliness.
Why work at Charles River?
We offer an excellent onboarding program for our new employees, internal career development, and competitive benefits!
What you will do!
In the Animal Care Technician role, you have the responsibility of ensuring the high standards of animal welfare are met. You will provide food, water, and clean housing to animals according to applicable SOPs. You will perform routine animal health observations to detect any potential issues early on and assist with creating optimal living conditions for the animals. You will also be tasked with monitoring temperature and humidity levels and receiving new animals. Other duties may include ordering and maintaining accurate supply inventory/records and keeping the supply areas organized.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate that possesses a high school diploma or equivalent required; experience performing basic animal care desired. AALAS certification is a plus.
The pay range for this position is $24-26 USD per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
If you are interested in contributing to the well-being of our communities, not only across the country but around the world, please join us and BE THE DIFFERENCE!
What you’ll need
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Dexterity of physical condition to operate all job duties; lift and move objects regularly throughout the shift.
- Work in a standing position requiring bending and stretching of arms and legs throughout regular work shift.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must avoid contact with rodent species outside of work.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to travel site-to-site within job site(s) area during regular shift and/or on weekend/holiday shifts as assigned.
- Must be able to work weekends/holidays on rotational basis.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More