Research Analyst 1 - Discovery Bioanalytical 1
Req ID #: 217384
Mattawan, Michigan, USA
What you’ll do
Bioanalytical Chemistry supports the evaluations of test compounds by providing bioanalytical quantitative analysis of drug in body fluids and tissues from non-regulated and regulated studies including preclinical safety evaluations, pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic studies, and clinical trials. Staff participate in the development and validation of quantitative LC/MS/MS methodology, sample analysis, and interpretation and reporting of data utilizing validated hardware and software systems. This includes the development of sample extraction techniques, rapid LC separations, and employment of laboratory robotics to enhance delivery time of bioanalytical data. Staff are also knowledgeable in the application of GxP’s and applicable SOPs, along with adhering to study protocols to accurately document methods, procedures, and results for inclusion into study reports and regulatory documents.
The fundamental Duties & Responsibilities of the role (products and services provided/results accomplished) include, but are not limited to, those listed:
Operates applicable laboratory equipment, including any respective software applications, to prepare samples and/or solutions and quantitate sample runs.
Preparation of sample out of different biological matrices for analysis per applicable analytical methods and SOPs.
Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, Principal Investigators, and Study Directors.
Demonstrates commitment to quality.
Effectively works in a team and demonstrates a commitment to achieving company goals.
Efficiently prioritizes assigned daily workload and uses time productively.
Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
Adheres to safety procedures at all times.
Reads, understands, and follows SOPs, safety requirements, regulatory guidelines, and company policies.
Consistently follows established methods for isolating and quantifying compounds for routine sample analysis utilizing standard analytical and immunology platforms.
Possesses the ability to execute validation studies under direction.
Consistently documents all procedures and materials in compliance with GxP standards.
Operates applicable laboratory instruments including their respective software applications to prepare sample and quantitate sample runs.
Possesses the ability to learn and utilize software applications.
Assists in the completion of laboratory investigations, assay troubleshooting, and quality observations, as needed.
Possesses a willingness to perform additional work as assigned by management and as part of the individual’s development plan.
What you’ll need
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to accomplish the essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- BS/BA in relevant field and 0-2 years of relevant experience; or HS/GED/Associates and 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated system.
- Basics knowledge of various micro- Pipets. Prior experience will be a plus
- Basics knowledge of micro balances, Prior experience will be a plus
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
The pay range for this position is $23/hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More