Research Technician - Second Shift Operations *$1,000 sign on bonus *$20/hr starting wage
Req ID #: 217506
Mattawan, Michigan, USA
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Research Technician for our Second Shift Operations at our Safety Assessment site located Mattawan, MI.
A Research Technician is responsible for: administering substances to animals, performing husbandry duties, including cleaning/transporting caging and providing food and water; performing clinical observations of animals to determine morbidity/mortality; collecting and handling data and specimens; euthanizing animals and assisting veterinarians, management, and other company personnel with animal care, study-related tasks, and process improvement initiatives.
What you’ll need
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Research Technician position:
· HS/GED or Bachelor’s/Master’s with no relevant experience.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More