Technician I, Necropsy WEEKENDS
Req ID #: 217708
Ashland, Ohio, USA
What you’ll do
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure good welfare and humane care for all animals worked with through gentle, positive human-animal interactions
Train in on-boarding skills which may include animal handling, euthanasia, and sedation; animal procedures including dissection; collection of samples and weights; laboratory preparation, set up and cleaning; preparation of laboratory solutions. Specific skills will be based on each area’s training plan and business needs.
Prosect and perform functions in a time frame set by training group for core skill completion.
Collect, document, review, and verify data on forms, or in electronic data capture systems.
Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
Use and maintain instrumentation and equipment.
Learn and know anatomic terms
Receive, track, and prepare samples or materials, as required for department.
Perform all other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) preferred.
- Experience: No previous experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None, unless required by local government.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to achieve goals.
- Computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite), commensurate with essential functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to ensure that a safe working environment is maintained by observing all safety procedures and working methods by making proper use of protective clothing and equipment, and by reading, understanding, and following all safety documents issued or notified of.
- Ability to ensure the integrity of the studies and fulfill the regulatory agencies requirements by performing the activities according to the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Business Operating Procedures (BOP) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) rules.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More