What you’ll do
We are seeking a Cagewash Technician-Floater for our Insourcing Solutions site located in Poolesville, MD.
The following are responsibilities related to the Cagewash Technician-Floater:
- Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
- Operates equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines; performs general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
- Sanitizes, maintains, and repairs caging materials as needed. Maintains cagewash and animal holding facilities in a clean and organized manner, in adherence with all SOP and facility requirements.
- Disposes of waste materials in a safe and thorough manner as required.
- Maintains facility equipment and performs routine preventative maintenance on cagewash and autoclaves, including routine inspection of cleaning filters and roto-arms.
- Assists with the receipt, stocking and maintenance of supply inventories.
- Assist with animal care activities to include, but not limited to; animal health observations, cage cleaning, water/feed checks, providing water/feed/enrichment.
- Prepares and submits required written records, charts, logs and inventories.
- Actively interacts with customers as required to resolve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance.
- Maintains consistent practice of general company and safety policies and procedures and MSDS guidelines, including those related to biohazards and radioactive substances. Performs all duties in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Cagewash Technician 1 position:
- Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Experience: Experience and/or training working with mechanical equipment preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: none required.
What you’ll need
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More