What you’ll do
We are seeking a Security Officer (3rd shift 6pm to 6am) for our Safety Assessment site located in Reno, NV.
Ensures the protection of organizational personnel and company property against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other hazards. Inspects credentials and facilities, and reports irregularities, alarm activation and tampering. Develops, implements and administers programs designed to protect organizational personnel and property. Ensures compliance with government and organization security policies and procedures and protects and safeguards intellectual property. Conducts investigations to identify and document instances of noncompliance and possible breaches in law.
The following are responsibilities related to the Security Officer (3rd shift):
- Greet, screen, record and allow visitors and employees admittance to the site in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor security systems and/or environmental systems and investigate and/or report any incidents.
- Report all unauthorized persons to the proper authorities and initiate action to protect employees, animals, products, and physical site. In so doing, the incumbent should not place him or herself in harm’s way.
- Ensure the physical safety and security of the facility by enforcing company policies and procedures; provide a deterrent and detection factor for wrongful activity; conducts patrols and monitors the status of the physcial security measures; and monitors the critical building systems.
- Physically walk the facility grounds to complete visual inspection of site security on regularly scheduled tours.
- Document all security department activity and generates incident reports as necessary.
- Monitor facility equipment during tours and report equipment failure, reset alarms as instructed and/or assist in minor repair as directed. Provides effective secondary communication during business hours; and primary communications during non-business hours.
- Contact emergency personnel as required and in accordance with
- Assist in directing appropriate emergency response efforts when required.
The pay for this position starts at $19/hr plus 15% shift differential and $1,000 sign on bonus! Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you’ll need
The following are minimum qualifications related to the Security Officer (3rd shift) position:
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or the equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- Experience: 2 -3 years experience with at least Six to twelve months of related security experience and/or training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid Drivers license
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More