What you’ll do
We are seeking a Lab Coordinator 1 for our Discovery site located in Worcester, MA.
The individual in this position will be responsible for supporting the operation of a bioanalytical laboratory. This position requires attention to detail and the ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people. The position operates in a fast paced environment where the commitment to teamwork, quality, and speed is essential. This is a non-Scientific role supporting the labs and ensuring they have all equipment and materials.
Some of the responsibilities for this position include:
- Handling of hazardous and flammable chemicals during preparation of laboratory solutions.
- Moving, monitoring and general maintenance of temperature chambers (freezers/refrigerators) containing study samples.
- Stocking laboratories and delivering consumables/chemicals/reagents to lab scientists.
- Some shipping and receiving responsibilities, DOT training for hazardous materials shipping a plus.
- Metrology program coordination and documentation responsibilities.
What you’ll need
The following are minimum requirements related to the Lab Coordinator 1 position.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.). Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) preferred.
- Experience: 1 year related experience related laboratory experience in a pharmaceutical or contract laboratory environment preferred but not required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (such as Word, Excel)
- Ability to interact with others in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
The pay for this position is $20/hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More