What you’ll do
We are seeking a Lab Assistant for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Wayne, PA. You may be required to work a rotating shift schedule that may require weekend hours. Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of the Molecular laboratories including equipment and materials/reagents.
The following are responsibilities related to the Lab Assistant role but is not all encompassing.
- Media and solutions preparation including preparation of primers/probe
- Coordinate instrument maintenance, calibration and shipments
- Actively participate in lab maintenance and safety by adhering to company policies and procedures
- Monitoring of equipment
- Order, log in and restocking of supplies
- Daily cleaning and monitoring of labs and removal of lab waste (solids, liquids)
- Efficiently organize, prioritize, and plan work schedule.
- Other related duties as assigned.
“The pay range for this position is $19.50/hr. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.”
What you’ll need
The following are minimum requirements related to the Lab Assistant position.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. or higher education
- Experience: Related experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
Other: must be able to regularly record data by hand or on a computer terminal, stand, walk, bend, reach overhead, push/pull and occasionally lift/carry objects of up 50 lbs, read and follow procedures and effectively communicate with others
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More