What you’ll do
We are seeking a Repository Specialist for our Insourcing Solutions site in Frederick, MD.
The responsibilities of the Repository Specialist are:
- Receive, handle and inventory specimens of human, animal and/or plant origin at temperatures ranging from ambient to -195°C. Follow established personal protective equipment (PPE) procedural guidelines and adheres to strict safety protocols when working with items containing potentially hazardous properties.
- Assemble and display data for the storage and retrieval of specimens and for report preparation.
- Perform freezer inventories.
- Process and aliquot specimens.
- Operate controlled-rate freeze equipment.
- Weigh extract samples.
- Prepare samples for pickup, courier delivery and shipment.
- Enter data into client’s online repository database for sample tracking and inventory management.
- Maintain repository files for validation of data and preparation of reports; review accumulated data for accuracy and prepare reports of information and sample data.
- Drive client vehicle to deliver and pick-up specimens locally.
- Participate in temperature/liquid nitrogen (LN2) liquid level monitoring and emergency response rotations.
- Freeze specimens using controlled-rate freezing equipment.
What you’ll need
- Education: H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: Entry level position Two (2) years of related office and administrative experience preferred. Experience working in a shipping and receiving environment with scientific data preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Valid Driver’s License required.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More