What you’ll do
Cage Washer Operator – Evening shift 15:00 to 23:15
As a Cage Washer Operator for our Toxicology team in Sherbrooke, you will be responsible for ensuring the equipment used to maintain the animal’s living conditions is cleaned according to the highest wellbeing standards in the industry.
In this role, key responsibilities include:
- Operating and performing daily checks on cage washer machines.
- Monitor the use of soaps and various needs of the cage washers.
- Clean all types of animal housing and accessories (cage, toys, bowl, waterbottle, etc…)
- Perform basic maintenance on all cages and accessories to ensure that everything is safe for the animals.
What you’ll need
If you possess the following qualifications, we will train you in the rest:
- Organized and self-driven.
- Being able to work physically (lift up to 20 kg, walk, stand, stoop, etc.).
- Understanding of written English.
- DES (high school diploma) or equivalent experience.
Please note that upon being hired, you will have to undergo an annual tuberculosis test at the expense of the company.
Role specific information:
- Location: easily accessible using Sherbrooke’s public transit system. Free parking. Electric vehicle charging station.
- Pay: Starting at 16,25$/hrs.
- Schedule: Full time, permanent position (37.5 hours/week), depending on the needs, you may have to do overtime and occasionaly on Weekend.
- Evening shift Monday to Friday 15:00 to 23:15 and bonus ($2.50/hour after 15:00).
Why Charles River?
- 3 weeks’ vacation & Personal days.
- Competitive benefits as of the hiring. We pay up to 85% of premiums (health & dental coverage).
- Access to a savings and retirement program that includes an employer contribution.
- Excellent welcome program for new employees as well as in-house advancement and career development opportunities.
- Access to a doctor and various health professionals (telemedicine).
- Free gym on site.
If you want to contribute to the wellbeing of our communities across the country and around the world, join our team. IT’S YOUR MOMENT!
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- TFSA and RRSP Contribution Match
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Vacation & Sick/Personal day policy
Value Added Programs
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Annual bonus based on performance
- Free telemedicine app for employees and their family
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More