What you’ll do
At Charles River Laboratories, we are looking for a highly motivated and energetic candidate to join our growing business in the CMO industry. The QC Analyst I will perform microbiological testing, static and dynamic viable and non-viable monitoring of classified clean room areas to support planned or in process manufacturing processes. This position, as well as all positions in the Charles River team will require demonstration of Charles River DNA “Characteristics and Behaviors” (Care, Lead, Own and Collaborate).
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs viable and non-viable environmental monitoring in a static and dynamic environment.
- Perform water quality analysis testing such as TOC and conductivity testing
- Demonstrate excellent aseptic technique and clean room gowning practices required for working in Grade C, B and A spaces
- Perform bioburden testing per current cGMP guidelines to facilitate in process product development and raw material release
- Perform growth promotion, microbial identification, pure colony streak plate isolation, biological indicator testing in a controlled BSL2 environment.
- Complete relevant data entry requirements in accordance with current data integrity expectations and the ALCOA principals
- Assist in laboratory investigations, environmental monitoring excursions and deviations.
- Participate and facilitate on-going lab excellence initiatives as directed by the Senior QC Analyst or area management.
- Work may be required outside of normal business hours
What you’ll need
- B.S in Biology or related field
- 1-2 years working in a GMP facility is preferred, although not required.
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Able to work in a clean room suite while wearing appropriate gowning and PPE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or within a team setting
- Good organizational skills
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office software
The pay range for this position is $24.30 - $25.35 per hour. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More