What you’ll do
We are seeking an experienced full-time Security Officer for the 1st Shift Security team in Mattawan, MI.
A Security Officer is responsible for: following established procedures and guidelines; monitoring and ensuring compliance with company security and safety policies; monitoring all access to the facility by checking and issuing security badges; monitoring security, safety and integrity of buildings and environs; responding to any unusual circumstances; protecting facility from unwanted actions or espionage; and providing a safe and secure environment for employees, clients, visitors and animals.
What you’ll need
- HS/GED degree with 2- 3 years of experience, with at least six to twelve months of related security experience and/or training; contract research organization experience preferred. Driver’s license is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More