What you’ll do
We are seeking a Repository Specialist for our Insourcing Solutions team based at our facility in Frederick, MD.
Why work at Charles River?
We adhere to strong values, share the same mission, that together, we create healthier lives. Our culture is one of endless opportunity, purpose and creating change. We are committed to empowering our employees with the tools and programs they need to develop rewarding careers. We offer competitive benefits and excellent training programs for all our employees.
What your impact will be!
The duties of the Repository Specialist are to receive, handle and inventory specimens of human, animal and/or plant origin at temperatures ranging from ambient to -195°C, as well as weigh and prepare samples for pickup, courier delivery and shipment. Additionally, you will be tasked with maintaining repository files for validation of data and preparation of reports, as well as review accumulated data for accuracy and prepare reports of information and sample data.
In this role, key responsibilities include:
- Assemble and display data for the storage and retrieval of specimens and for report preparation.
- Perform freezer inventories, as well as operate and freeze specimens utilizing controlled-rate freeze equipment.
- Participate in temperature/liquid nitrogen (LN2) liquid level monitoring and emergency response rotations.
- Process and aliquot specimens.
- Enter data into client’s online repository database for sample tracking and inventory management.
Other duties will include driving client vehicle to deliver and pick-up specimens locally; in addition, reviewing, comprehending, and complying with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
What you’ll need
Candidate will possess: High School Diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of two years related office and administrative experience preferred; experience working in a shipping/receiving environment with scientific data preferred. Valid driver’s license required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
The pay for this position is $20.00 USD per hour.
What you get
- Mental/Dental/Vision Plans
- Vacation and Holiday
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Value Added Programs
- Employee discount program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition and Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Fitness Reimbursement and Wellness Programs
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Parental Leave
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage Contact Research Organization (CRO). Here, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. With 100 sites around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our clients' unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.Learn More